DENTAL BRIDGES – HAMPTON, NH
Bridging the Gap
Missing teeth can be problematic when it comes to feeling good about yourself and the way you look. But it’s not only aesthetics that can be negatively impacted. In fact, your oral health can begin to deteriorate in the form of additional bone and tooth loss. As the bone begins to weaken and more teeth fall out, nearby healthy teeth will begin to shift to try and cover the gap. This results in poorly aligned bites and unstable teeth. Fortunately, at Smiles by The Sea Family Dentistry, our team can offer a safe and reliable solution that has been around for years – dental bridges in Hampton. With these customized prosthetics, we can repair and restore your smile in a way that provides a boost in confidence and improved oral health. To learn more about dental bridges and whether you are an eligible candidate, contact us to schedule a consultation today.
Why Choose Smiles by The Sea Family Dentistry for Dental Bridges?
- Customized restorations designed based on your individual needs
- Skilled and experienced restorative dental team
- Materials used are the highest quality and produce long-lasting results
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are a custom-made restoration made by lab technicians that are designed to “bridge the gap” left behind by missing teeth. When consecutive teeth are extracted or fall out, this leaves a vacated socket in your smile. Without proper treatment, nearby healthy teeth will begin to shift out of alignment in an attempt to fill the space. This can not only pose an aesthetic problem but also one that can result in the need for orthodontic treatment or additional restorative care to replace additional missing teeth.
By opting to have a dental bridge put into place, you can keep your healthy teeth in their rightful place as well as enjoy a beautiful, more secure smile.
The Dental Bridge Placement Process
If you are searching for a “dentist near me” who can easily place a dental bridge, Dr. Shevchenko and her team can deliver outstanding results. Because the dental bridge placement process requires various steps, you can expect the following to occur:
- A consultation with your dentist in Hampton. She will examine your oral cavity and determine whether you are a qualified candidate for a dental bridge.
- Prepping of healthy teeth. Since the natural, healthy teeth on either side of the gap will be used as anchors to hold your restoration in place, we will need to prep these teeth by filing them down to ensure the bridge fits correctly.
- Impressions of your smile. Dr. Shevchenko will capture digital impressions of your smile instead of using cold, messy dental putty. These will allow her to obtain a clear, precise image of your teeth that will serve as a blueprint for lab technicians when creating your custom restoration.
- Placement of a temporary bridge. Because it takes several weeks to create a finalized prosthetic, we will have you wear a temporary bridge in the meantime.
- Placement of your final restoration. Once the bridge is ready and arrives in our office, you will return to have the temporary removed and the permanent dental bridge cemented into place. The two outer dental crowns will sit over your healthy teeth while the interior crows will rest on top of your gums to create a fully restored appearance.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Dental Bridge?
Individuals who are missing several consecutive teeth along the top or bottom arch are eligible for dental bridges. But even if you fall into this category, you must know that it is important you have good oral health in general. Should you suffer from gum disease or tooth decay, we will need to address these problems first before moving forward with a dental bridge placement.
Once your oral health is in good shape, we can begin the process of placing a bridge and restoring your smile to its natural beauty. Contact our office today for your initial consultation.