There are many ways to replace missing teeth. One of the most affordable and effective methods is a dental bridge. This permanent solution fills in the hole left by an absent tooth and is customized to blend in with the rest of your smile so no one will notice the dental restoration. Find out if you’re a good candidate for a minimally invasive dental bridge at Smiles by the Sea in Hampton, NH.
The Importance of Replacing Missing Teeth
It’s easy to assume that a molar that needed to be extracted in the very back of your mouth is not a big deal. You may not even be all that troubled by the loss of a more prominent tooth. However, the absence of a tooth and its root system means:
- The jawbone underneath the missing tooth begins to weaken.
- It’s more likely that other teeth will fall out.
- Nearby healthy teeth will shift out of place to cover the gap left by the missing tooth.
- You are more likely to develop a poorly aligned bite.
- Remaining teeth will be unstable.
It may be hard to believe that one missing tooth can cause the deterioration of your oral health, but the problems that develop will be like dominos, with complications coming one after the other until your entire smile is compromised.
Reasons to Choose a Dental Bridge to Replace a Missing Tooth
If you are missing one or several consecutive teeth along the top or bottom arch of your mouth, you are very likely eligible for a dental bridge. This repair is designed to literally bridge the gap left behind by missing teeth.
People are missing teeth for many reasons like accidents, falls, sporting injuries, gum disease, tooth decay, root infections, and more. The cause matters because it is necessary for your mouth to be healthy and healed before a dental restoration can be done. Your Hampton dentist will make sure of this before proceeding with any repairs.
- Safe, conservative solution
- Customized restoration
- Created by dental lab technicians
- Blends in with your other teeth
- High-quality materials
- Long-lasting results
- Skilled, experience restorative dentistry team
The Dental Bridge Process
The dental bridge process requires several steps to complete the dental restoration:
- Consultation: Discuss your situation with your Hampton dentist and allow her to examine your mouth to determine whether you are a qualified candidate for a dental bridge.
- Prep: The natural, healthy teeth on either side of your gap will be used as anchors to hold the dental bridge in place. They will be filed down slightly to make sure the bridge clasps on properly and is held firmly in place with customized porcelain crowns.
- Impressions: Digital impressions – no more messy, uncomfortable dental putty – will be taken so your dentist can get a clear, precise image of your teeth. This serves as a blueprint for the dental lab techs who will be creating the bridge.
- Temporary bridge: All this prep happens before the final bridge is ready so you will be sent home with a temporary bridge while you wait for a few weeks for the final fixed prosthetic to be complete.
- Permanent restoration: When your customized dental bridge is ready, the temporary will be removed and the permanent one will be cemented into place as well as the dental crowns. The result is a complete repair that creates a full smile and eliminates all the holes.
Is a Dental Bridge the Right Solution for You?
Feel good about yourself and how you look. Talk to your dentist, Dr. Harbpinder Shevchenko, at Smiles by the Sea in Hampton, NH, about a dental bridge and other tooth replacement options. There is at least one solution that is right for your dental restoration, so you can have a complete, healthy, strong smile. Contact us to schedule a consultation.