Invisalign may seem like a simple method for aligning teeth – get clear aligners, wear them, get a straight smile – but this sophisticated, customized treatment involves plenty of details. At Smiles by the Sea in Hampton, NH, Dr. Harbpinder Shevchenko, a certified Invisalign provider, makes sure each of her patients understand the facts about this orthodontic alternative.
All the Numbers
There are many numbers surrounding Invisalign treatment, and all of them matter. Here is what every patient needs to know:
- 1 year: Most Invisalign treatment takes an average of 12 months to complete. Some patients require more time, others need only 6 months or so. It depends on the complexity of the case and how well patients adhere to the rules.
- 2 weeks: Every set of aligners is worn for about 2 weeks before switching to the next set. This allows for the gentle but consistent movement of all tooth roots and crowns until they are in full alignment.
- 20 to 22 hours: Trays must be worn for the bulk of each day so the treatment is effective. Trays should only be removed for about three hours total for meals, snacks, and cleaning.
- 6 to 8 weeks: You will visit your Hampton Invisalign provider every six to eight weeks for a checkup on your progress and to collect your next sets of trays to further your treatment.
All the Benefits
From adults to teens, the people who are interested in Invisalign are already aware of many of the treatment’s benefits. Here’s a grouping of some of the best perks:
- Discreet: Patients who want straight teeth are very interested in Invisalign because of the clear, thin trays that fit snugly to their teeth and don’t interrupt their life, work, or play.
- No food restrictions: If you remove your trays first, you can eat whatever you want, unlike traditional braces wearers who have multiple eating restrictions to avoid damaging brackets and wires.
- Works for teens and adults: Teens are thrilled to have a discreet orthodontic treatment specially designed for them, and adults are delighted to have braces that don’t interfere with their job or social life.
- Easy to clean: Wearers don’t need any special tools to keep their trays clean and fresh. Just brush and soak to keep the trays clear and odor-free.
- Comfortable: Invisalign trays are smooth, which means there won’t be any brackets or wires to poke or jab the soft tissues of the mouth.
All the Cost Factors
No matter what type of cosmetic dentistry you undergo, the treatment cost factors will vary based on your unique oral health and misalignment. Here’s what you can expect from Invisalign treatment:
- Your overall investment: Invisalign typically costs between $3,000 and $7,000, very similar to the cost of conventional braces but with better perks and satisfying freedom when you need it.
- All-inclusive treatment: Your Hampton Invisalign provider will give you a breakdown of your treatment at the start and it will include every cost, from every aligner to your retainers at the end.
- Multiple payment options: Smiles by the Sea offers multiple payment options to make Invisalign affordable to everyone, including CareCredit and Alphaeon financing options.
All the Ways Invisalign Is Right for You
If you want a straight smile and think Invisalign might be the right solution for you, schedule a consultation with Dr. Shevchenko and her team at Smiles by the Sea in Hampton, New Hampshire. You will need a dental exam and digital images and our provider will talk to you about smile goals, expectations, and responsibilities. Invisalign can work for nearly everyone, correcting gaps, crooked teeth, overbites, underbites, open bites, and more. Find out if it can work for you.