Some people say there is no such thing as perfection, but when you work with an experienced cosmetic dentist you can absolutely have a perfect smile that’s just right for you. At Smiles by the Sea in Hampton, NH, Dr. Harbpinder Schevchenko and her team offer a comprehensive menu of dental care so you can get the smile makeover you’ve always dreamed of.
What Makes a Perfect Smile?
A good-looking smile is subjective, but there are some components of a smile that unquestionably make it look close to perfect. Here are just some of them:
- Straight teeth: Most people are not lucky enough to have DNA that gives them naturally straight teeth. Though tooth gaps or a few crooked teeth may give your smile personality, an aligned smile is often what most people prefer. Plus, straight teeth are not only nice to look at, they’re easier to clean, which means you’ll have a healthier smile too.
- White teeth: White teeth look like healthy teeth. They also make you appear younger and happier and brighter. Teeth that are stained or discolored imply that you don’t take care of your smile, and this characteristic can make you look unhealthy or older.
- Big smile: This doesn’t mean that you smile wide, it means that your teeth fill your mouth in a complementary way. A perfect smile is made of teeth that are just the right size, without too much gum showing and without any dark spaces in the wrong places.
Cosmetic Dentistry for a Perfect Smile
With the right cosmetic dentistry treatments, you can fill in any blanks in your mouth, conceal imperfections, and truly achieve a perfect smile. Not everyone will qualify for the same procedures – the condition of your teeth and gums, your comfort level, and your budget will impact what treatments are right for you.
Some of the most common smile makeover options include:
- Porcelain veneers: When you want to overhaul your entire smile and get rid of every problem, from misalignment to tooth stains, porcelain veneers are the smart choice. These incredibly thin porcelain shields are customized in size, shape, color, and length to flatter your face shape and skin tone to give you a truly flawless, natural-looking smile.
- Teeth whitening: Quick and easy, professional teeth whitening also uses powerful bleaching agents you cannot get over the counter. In just an hour, you can have a perfect smile that is multiple shades whiter, even if it isn’t totally perfect.
- Dental bonding: This little-known smile makeover treatment can correct chips, cracks, discoloration, and more in about 30 minutes per tooth. If there is one tooth that’s always bugged you, dental bonding may be able to correct it and finally help you achieve perfection.
- Invisalign: If you are willing to put in a little more time to get your perfect smile, pursue Invisalign. This customized orthodontic alternative takes about a year to complete, is impossible to see while it’s being worn, and gently but consistently shifts your teeth into order.
Cost Factors of a Perfect Smile
Every patient’s road to a perfect smile is unique, and the procedures you undergo to achieve a smile makeover will differ. The cost factors will vary too depending on:
- The number of procedures you’re undergoing
- Which treatments you’re getting
- The materials needed for the procedures
- Location of your dentist’s office
- Dentist’s experience
At Smiles by the Sea, we accept many types of dental insurance and offer affordable financing options like CareCredit with reasonable payment plans that can make your perfect smile a reality.