Have you lost one or more of your natural teeth? Do you want to have the gap(s) in your smile fixed, but don't want to break your bank doing it? Well, our dentist in Hampton, NH, Dr. Harbpinder Shevchenko, has just the solution. They can supply you with and your smile with dentures.
What are dentures?
Dentures are oral appliances, used by individuals who have lost some or all their natural teeth due to tooth decay, gum disease, or injury.
If you're not sure how to go about getting dentures and what types are available, consulting your dentists in Hampton is definitely a good start. Before you visit with them, however, here is some information about the types of dentures available:
- Full Dentures:
- Immediate Dentures are used temporarily for when people are transitioning into denture wearing.
- Conventional Full Dentures are permanent dentures made to fit your teeth perfectly.
- Implant-Supported Overdentures use one or more dental implants to secure and support upper and lower dentures.
- Partial Dentures:
- Transitional Partial Dentures are placed in your mouth temporarily while your gums heal and before dental implants replace them.
- Removable Partial Dentures are used instead of dental implants and bridgework.
How to care for dentures?
When you get your dentures, it's important to know how best to take care of them. Here are a few tips:
- It's best to rinse while dentures are still in your mouth. This will help get rid of any food particles.
- While brushing your teeth, make sure your clean your cheeks, the roof of your mouth, gums, and tongue to avoid having an unpleasant breath or irritation.
- The American Dental Association recommends using a soft-bristled toothbrush and a non-invasive cleanser when cleaning your dentures.
- Completely immerse your dentures in water when they're not in your mouth. This will help prevent them from becoming misshaped.
Need a consultation?
For more information about dentures at your Hampton, NH, dentist's office, call (603) 926-8827. It's time you take care of your dental health and improve your smile!