When anyone pursues a cosmetic dentistry treatment, their biggest question is always, “How much is this going to cost?” Invisalign is no different, and this orthodontic alternative feels like an even bigger investment because it requires about a year of your time to complete. So, what will you be paying to straighten your smile? It’s more manageable than you might think.
How Invisalign Pricing Works
Invisalign cost typically falls between $3,000 and $7,000. The range of treatment is wide and there are several types of aligner systems you can qualify for that affect the final cost.
- Invisalign Full is the traditional alignment method and takes about a year to complete. This treatment addresses major bite issues and trays are worn on top and bottom teeth. Invisalign cost will be on the higher end for the approximately 30 trays worn through this treatment. Invisalign Teen falls into this category too with a few extra adjustments made for age and erupting teeth.
- Invisalign Lite is like the Full version but treatment time is only six or seven months and the trays are designed to correct mild overcrowding and spacing problems. Less than 20 trays are needed which reduces cost.
- Invisalign Express is a speedy treatment of five to 10 sets of trays for only three to six months of treatment. This is especially ideal for patients who once had braces but didn’t wear their retainers afterward and their teeth went back to where they were. The cost for this treatment is on the lowest end of the range.
Factors That Affect Invisalign Cost
Every Invisalign treatment is unique to the patient and there are many factors that affect the final cost, including:
- Complexity: As evidenced above, the more trays you need to move teeth into alignment, the longer Invisalign will take, and the more costly treatment will be. It takes time to shift teeth and Invisalign does it gently and consistently, tray by tray, whether you need to fix gaps, crowding, overbites, underbites, or otherwise.
- Patient age: Adults and teens have the same rules when it comes to wearing Invisalign, but Invisalign Teen adds slightly to overall cost because there are additional elements to consider, like tooth eruption tabs and wear indicators.
- Benefits: Paying for Invisalign is an entire benefit, but when you break down the good stuff you see just how many perks you’re getting in the overall cost of this treatment: clear trays, thin trays, removable aligners, no food restrictions.
All-Inclusive Invisalign Cost
For many patients, it helps to be reminded that Invisalign is an all-inclusive treatment. The work you’re having done is given a price at the start and that’s what you pay throughout – no surprises. The Invisalign cost includes:
- Dental exams
- Dental lab work
- Digital imaging
- Office visits
Find Out If You’re a Good Candidate for Invisalign
At Smiles by the Sea in Hampton, NH, we work with each of our patients to help them afford the cosmetic dentistry treatments they really want. Invisalign is manageable, and it can fit your budget. Schedule a consultation to learn more and find out if you’re a good candidate.