TOOTH-COLORED FILLINGS – HAMPTON, NH
Metal-Free Solutions for Cavity Defense
One of the most common oral health problems seen by dentists is cavities. With a majority of adults having a cavity at some point in their life, it is no surprise that fillings are a frequently used service provided by dental professionals throughout the United States. At Smiles by The Sea Family Dentistry, our team will do our best to keep dental caries from forming; however, should one become apparent and require treatment, we are pleased to provide an alternative to traditional amalgam – tooth-colored fillings. Our dentist in Hampton, Dr. Shevchenko, can repair your weakened tooth and fill it with a solution that blends in beautifully with the rest of your smile. If you think you could benefit from a tooth-colored filling, contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
Why Choose Smiles by The Sea Family Dentistry for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Safer, more reliable solution for patients, especially those with metal sensitivities
- A personalized treatment plan designed to ensure your smile looks and feels its best
- Highly-skilled dental professional with advanced training and experience
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings are restorations designed to fill cavities in Hampton. Using a composite resin that more malleable than traditional metal, it is easily matched to the natural shade of a patient’s tooth and prevents the need for additional tooth structure to be removed before placement. These fillings also do not increase the likelihood of tooth sensitivity.
What Are the Benefits?
Although receiving news that you need a filling to repair a weakened tooth is not what you want to hear, it is reassuring to know that you will receive a treatment that offers a multitude of benefits, some of which include:
- A solution that will not shine a spotlight on your dental work but instead, blend in seamlessly with your tooth and other healthy teeth.
- The ability to keep more of your natural tooth structure because of the resin’s malleable makeup, allowing it to fill the tooth more easily.
- A restoration that is less likely to expand and cause your tooth to weaken or become more damaged over time.
How Are Tooth-Colored Fillings Placed?
The process of receiving a tooth-colored filling starts with an initial consultation with Dr. Shevchenko. During this appointment, she will examine your tooth, take dental X-Rays, and determine the severity of the cavity. Once she formulates a personalized treatment plan, she will then use a shade guide to match the composite resin to your natural tooth color.
Next, she will begin to clean out the damaged areas of the tooth before filling it with the color-matched resin. This will create a tight seal that serves as a barrier to prevent further reinfection or damage to the weakened tooth.
Using a specialized curing light to harden the resin, she will give your teeth a final polish. In one dental visit, you will have a fully restored, healthier smile.